Why Morning Routines Suck
Do you have a morning routine? We’ve seen so many videos about people sharing morning routines that helped them achieve success, which may have left you thinking, “Maybe I have to do that?”. Will following someone else’s routine really help you on a day-to-day basis or is it just an overhyped trend that may not stick with you in the end? As an individual, you’ve got to figure out what’s right for you.
So in this episode, Brendan and Billy talk about the morning routines of some high performers, champions, and world-changers that you probably haven’t thought about. They talk about the realities of morning routines in a no-fluff-zone to give you insights on what you might be missing and give you tips to practically integrate what works for you in your own morning routine!
Tune in today to get your morning routine game on point!
WHAT WE DISCUSS:
- [02:41] – What Brenden thinks about morning routines
- [03:56] – Why Brenden has a mockery towards morning routines
- [07:11] – Robin Sharma’s 5:00 AM club
- [08:00] – Why Ray Dalio is in the 5:00 AM club
- [09:16] – What cold morning showers can do
- [10:33] – People who have no morning routine
- [11:42] – Why morning routines suck
- [14:19] – What does Brenden implement in his morning routine?
- [16:07] – Switching up things in your morning routine
- [17:08] – The key to building habits
- [19:18] – How to make sure you’re choosing the right thing for your morning routine
- [21:42] – How long should it take for you to determine if a routine is right for you
- [25:09] – Why is there so much emphasis on morning routines?
- [28:46] – What to ponder upon and closing
VALUABLE INSIGHTS AND KEY TOPICS:
- Why Brenden listened to almost a thousand episodes of a podcast
- The habits that helped Brenden to be successful
- It’s how you see yourself in that cold
- Jesse Itzler: Eating fruit until noon
- Warren Buffet’s unusual morning routine
- Common mistakes people do in their morning routine
- Thinking of morning routines like a restaurant menu
- Why habits are not always necessary for success
- Is your routine getting you the results you want?
3 TIPS TO MAKE A ROUTINE THAT WORKS FOR YOU:
- Start to identify one thing that you can keep on doing consistently.
- Do A/B testing. Try and see what activity gets you results.
- Don’t just focus on morning routines, focus on an entire day.
- [03:06] – “If you get your morning right, the rest of your day will change.”
- [16:11] – “Habits are important but not by all means necessary for success.”
- [20:06] – “Make the right millimeter decisions for your life in the right direction.”
- [21:21] – “The way that you figure out your one thing is by trying everything.”
Brenden’s Website: https://www.mastertalk.ca/about
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=23010497 )