Newsletters for LinkedIn Creators Are Here!
John Espirian is known to be a “relentlessly helpful LinkedIn nerd” who is also the author of Content DNA. From his 10 years of being in the game, John specializes in content writing to help business leaders build a recognizable online presence and a memorable personal brand.
In this episode, John shares valuable insights about the new opportunities from the new feature that LinkedIn added. He discusses in-depth how you can leverage different types of content to improve your visibility on LinkedIn. He also shared content marketing ideas that you can use even if you’re new to content creation.
Tune in on your favorite podcast platform today!
WHAT WE DISCUSS:
- [01:36] – What’s new in LinkedIn?
- [02:14] – Why the opportunity may not be there forever?
- [02:44] – The fatigue from overwhelming notifications
- [03:57] – How to create a LinkedIn newsletter?
- [05:19] – Why should you use LinkedIn newsletter?
- [05:56] – Difference between long-form and short-form content
- [08:48] – What should you do if you don’t have existing content to repurpose yet?
- [11:09] – Mistakes in writing content that you should be avoiding?
- [13:32] – How do you promote your newsletter?
- [19:17] – John’s approach to newsletters
- [24:03] – What successful businesses focus on
- [26:54] – Why John is not fond of ads
- [30:23] – The opportunity in LinkedIn groups
- [37:15] – Resources to learn more about LinkedIn updates
- [41:05] – John’s new book
- [43:02] – How John became a relentless helpful writer
- [47:02] – Where to find John
VALUABLE INSIGHTS AND KEY TOPICS:
- There’s a massive opportunity to get visibility in the new features of LinkedIn.
- Repurposing your existing blog content can help you take advantage of LinkedIn newsletters.
- The difference between what people see when they follow you vs. when they subscribe to you.
- Long-form of content allows you to showcase a real depth of knowledge.
- Articles that challenge the orthodoxy tend to perform very well.
- Invert the pyramid. Get to the point and give people the takeaway right at the beginning.
- Why John focuses on building organic content.
- Doing live in a LinkedIn group as a feature on John’s wishlist.
- Staying true to your values and always showing up in the same shape everywhere.
WHY DOING NEWSLETTERS ARE VALUABLE:
- When you subscribe to something, you are almost certain to get a notification and an email about it.
- Newsletters are long-form content so there’s an opportunity to showcase your depth of knowledge.
- Article content and newsletter content now is searchable on Google.
- [05:02] – “Like most things in life, timing matters.”
- [07:56] – “Posts are brilliant for visibility and building a new audience. Articles are good for credibility. I think you should do both.”
- [44:23] – “Your brand is a promise and you should never break that promise.”
John’s Website: https://espirian.co.uk/
Include the word “pineapple” in your LinkedIn invitation when you connect with him. You’ll find out why in his profile.
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=23010497 )