Why We Should Say Things That are Unpopular
Do you want to rise above the noise and find a way to stand out from the sea of content that is already out there? How can you differentiate yourself amongst others that are talking about the same things? Will voicing out an unpopular opinion help you?
People are bombarded with marketing messages every day. So in this episode, we discuss the unconventional ways to stand out and why there is value in talking about unpopular things, things that matter but aren’t talked about. We dive deep into how changing your messaging approach can help you build a brand and authority.
This episode provides valuable insights. Tune in today!
WHAT WE DISCUSS:
- [01:11] – Why it’s a good idea to say things that are unpopular
- [05:34] – Saying things that are unpopular cuts through the noise
- [08:46] – It needs to be non click baity
- [10:12] – How Seth Godin is good example
- [12:02] – Unpopular insights from companies that make them stand out
- [14:18] – Popular people with unpopular ideas
- [16:06] – Do you have the guts to follow your own belief system?
- [17:38] – How can you be a bit more unconventional in your life?
- [19:28] – The brain is wired for survival so our tendency is to generally agree with everything that is presented to us on a platter.
- [21:52] – Examples of competition wins as
- [23:35] – Becoming a linchpin
- [28:26] – Getting hired vs. getting poached to join a company
- [28:48] – How to optimize your LinkedIn profile to standout
VALUABLE INSIGHTS AND KEY TOPICS:
- We are hardwired as human beings to ignore things that are the same.
- Even if you’re disagreeing fundamentally there should be a relevanceto you as the content creator and not just the audience.
- All great influences and thought leaders share things that are unpopular because it’s through those on popular ideas that they revolutionized the world.
- Jeff Bezos started an online store when it wasn’t a thing.
- Elon Musk started a space company on reusable rockets which are cheaper than his competition.
- If you really want to set yourself apart. You’v got to do something that’s going to give you a competitive edge.
- You’ve got to say what you believe and so take the time to think about it before your add it to your profile.
3 REASONS WHY WE SHOULD SAY THINGS THAT ARE UNPOPULAR:
- It allows you to use your message to break through the noise.
- It makes yourself stand out more as a content creator.
- Most people aren’t willing to share controversial ideas. Which makes it a hughe competitive edge.
- [06:48] – “Our brain only has the ability to process so much and if we overwork it and make it pay attention to everything, we might miss something that’s important.”
- [24:41] – “Our superpower is our uniqueness.”
- [27:10] – “The more well known that your uniqueness permeates your surrounding relationships, the bigger the competitive moat you will build around your own unique identity.”
Brenden’s Website: https://www.mastertalk.ca/about
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=23010497 )
————————– End of Show notes ————————–