What Life Will Look Like in 30 to 40 years
George J. Chanos is a lawyer and a former attorney general with both eyes on the future. His foresight led him to write the books Seize Your Destiny: A Roadmap to Success and Millennial Samurai: A Mindset for the 21st Century.
However, creating thought-provoking books isn’t his only talent. George has recently been hard at work on an NFT art project called People Reign.
In this episode, George shared his predictions for the future and his latest undertaking.
George talked about how his desire to help his daughter and his nephew navigate their futures led to the creation of his first book. He quickly came to the realization that his young relatives wouldn’t be experiencing the same world that he had been dealing with all his life. Their future looked different.
Determining what that entailed led him to create his second book.
George now believes that a technological tsunami is coming for all of us and the water is currently rising. Automation will make many jobs things of the past. But if we put our minds together and ask the right questions, we can ultimately choose what our future will look like.
In This Episode:
- [02:44] – George talks about his heart attack and what he learned from the experience.
- [05:25] – A letter to George’s teenage daughter becomes the book: Seize Your Destiny.
- [06:34] – What will reality look like 30 to 40 years from now?
- [08:42] – How do we give our children a better life?
- [11:10] – Using your mind to overcome obstacles.
- [16:12] – The value of different views.
- [18:30] – How to make sense of different perspectives.
- [37: 22] – What skills do we need to survive?
- [45:30] – The future of technology.
- [58:18] – The need for intelligent discussion.
- [1:04:30] – George discusses how his passion for art led him to create People Reign.
• [09:56] – “Embrace your ignorance. And the reason why is that learning begins with a recognition of ignorance. If we think we know all the answers, why bother to learn? Right. So the reality is: is that we don’t know all the answers.” – George J. Chanos
• [11:10] – “Frank Zappa. Your mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open.” – George J. Chanos
• [12:10] – “Your mind is a double-edged sword. It’s both your most powerful tool and your greatest liability.” – George J. Chanos
• [15:37] – “We should learn that our beliefs and our views have no privileged legitimacy. Just because I think it’s a certain way does not mean that’s the way it is…. Just because my brain is telling me that this is reality and this is what it is doesn’t mean I’m right.” – George J. Chanos
• [28:42] – “The more character you have, the more successful you are likely to be.” – George J. Chanos
• [1:01:10] -“What is more important than knowledge is intelligence….Knowledge is accessible to all of us…But you have to know what question to ask. That is not knowledge. That is intelligence.” – George J. Chanos
• [1:11:37] – “I believe it is important to speak out and to leave something behind.”- George J. Chanos
George J. Chanos
Seize Your Destiny: A Roadmap to Success. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D6DZKTS/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0
Millennial Samurai: A Mindset for the 21st Century
Buy the Book: https://www.amazon.com/Millennial-Samurai-Mindset-21st-
Free Digital Download: https://millennialsamurai.com/freegiveaway
People Reign: https://peoplereign.com/
Insight Out Links
Billy Samoa Saleebey
Email Addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com