The Dark Side That Fuels the Brilliance of Visionaries – Dan Lyons (writer of HBO’s Silicon Valley)
Wealth distribution in corporate culture has a tremendous impact on the way we do business today, but oftentimes it is hard to pinpoint exactly when and how the changes began. From Henry Ford to Elon Musk, wealth distribution has been a driving force in how we interact with the business world. With the shrinking of the middle class and the seemingly endless wave of technology advancements, how did we get here? Join us this week as we interview Dan Lyons and explore the purpose of a corporation and the creation of prosperity and good jobs. You will hear Dan’s unique perspective on the current state of business, technology, and the future, and uncover the secrets to success.
Dan Lyons is a New York Times bestselling author and prolific journalist, a TV producer and writer, a satirical novelist, and a brand strategist. Dan wrote about technology at Forbes and Newsweek. He is also the author of Disrupted: My Misadventure in the Startup Bubble and Lab Rats: How Silicon Valley Made Work Miserable for the Rest of Us. Dan has spent his entire career shining a spotlight on how we do business today.
Are you ready to find out how to get the most out of your business? Tune in to this eye-opening episode with Dan.
In this episode, you will learn the following:
- What is the impact of being surrounded by corporate culture? (00:05:44)
- How did companies create prosperity and good jobs for their employees in the last century? (00:14:14)
- Why Dan decided to blend comedy in his work. (00:18:45)
- What Dark Side Fuels the Brilliance of Steve Jobs and Elon Musk? (00:26:28)
- Why do we have so many preposterous characters in Silicon Valley? (00:31:40)
- Helping people listen and communicate better (00:37:52)
- How can we use AI in a positive manner? (00:46:45)
- What is a conscious preneur? (00:51:18)
- “There’s an audacity and an ego and a belief in yourself that only certain people have and it’s the only way to get the money to start one of these companies.” – Dan
- “People have a dark side that fuels the brilliance” – Dan
- “If we could put Laughter in pill form, it’d be the greatest medicine ever” – Billy
- “It’s better to be positive than negative, to be optimistic rather than pessimistic, and to affect change without having to hurt people or offend people.” – Dan
Resources & Links:
Dan on Social Media:
Billy Samoa Saleebey
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Loved this episode? Please support us here: https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=23010497
This is an encore episode and was originally published on February 13, 2023