Travis Brown’s Secret to Getting 90K Instagram Followers in Just 6 Weeks!
Travis Brown jumped up to 90,000 followers on Instagram in just six weeks, and he’s joining us on today’s Insight Out episode to give YOU the tools you need to make that happen on your own social media platform.
As we dive into how his hit idea Pod Decks came to fruition, media consumption, the pressure to create viral content, secrets to a great hook, and more, you’ll learn about his journey to his multitude of business endeavors, how he hopes to help fellow content creators, and get a peek into his own content creation process.
You don’t want to miss out on this opportunity to hear about how the man who lived and breathed podcasts broadened his business and his audience!
Let’s Meet Our Guest
Travis Brown is a social media content creator, keynote speaker, and Social Boom coach who believes in helping creatives, entrepreneurs, and business-minded individuals of the world reach their audience and their goals. While his own social media content focuses on business and income-inspired content (beginning with his unique tagline “Here’s a business idea – do something with it!”), his work for Social Boom centers on supporting and encouraging the rapid growth of anyone he seeks out his expertise.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- How to manage your expectations and anxiety for your own creative output (3:30)
- Why testing your strategies before committing to them is important (9:50)
- Mindless scrolling vs. conscious consumption (17:00)
- How to do your research in this field and why it’s essential (42:10)
- Brown’s tips for crafting hooks and calls to action (45:08)
- His top two tools for content creation right now (57:23)
- Where you can find his content, a community of like-minded individuals, and resources for your own growth (1:00:18)
Travis Brown’s Thoughts on Content Creation & Research
- Manage the habit (and comparison) by setting a timer before you scroll.
- Pay attention to what’s working and what draws you in. Use this time to research!
- Let go of the expectation that your content needs to always succeed or go viral. Manage your anxiety about the pressure so you can create freely!
- Do your research by paying attention to popular content, hooks, etc.
- Define your outcome. What are people going to get from consuming your content?
- Test your ideas to see what works and what doesn’t.
- Once you find what works, stick with it! Your hook should remain constant, and keep your content within your niche.
Crafting a Hook:
- Your hook can play on people’s fear of missing out, be a listicle, or even work to relate to your audience.
- Whichever you choose, you want to draw them in with a big statement that requires a reveal.
- After your big statement, offer your audience that instant gratification with an answer! If you wait around to reveal, you risk losing their attention.
Billy Samoa Saleebey
- “Sometimes you gotta slow down to speed up.”
- “Being able to pivot is a superpower.”
- “You don’t need more information. You need more action.”
- “Nobody cares; we’re just making chairs.” (Originally Chris Ballew)
- “Research gives me a lottery ticket with five of the numbers already filled out.”
- “Virality comes from predictability, not creativity.”
Resources & Links to Travis Brown’s Socials
(If you DM “pm22” to Travis on Instagram, you’ll receive his 10,000 Follower Blueprint book.)
Travis Brown’s Everyday Tools:
Capcut: A free resource for adding captions to music, videos, etc.
Copy.ai: A tool for generating ideas for blogs, emails, etc.
This is an encore episode and was originally published on October 21, 2022