The Gary Vee Effect
The Gary Vee Effect
He is a people’s person.
A marketing and sales genius and a brilliant businessman
He grew his dad’s company from 3 to $60 million in revenue.
He is Brenden’s inspiration to start content creation.
This episode is all about Gary Vaynerchuk—a Belarusian-American entrepreneur,
author, speaker, Internet personality, and co-founder of the restaurant reservation
software company Resy and Empathy Wines.
In this episode, Branden and Billy discuss how Gary Vee has been able to make such a
significant impact on so many people.
What we discussed:
● [02:07] – What does Gary Vee do to influence so many people
● [05:20] – Gary Vee’s sales and marketing skills
● [08:16] – Gary Vee in his beginning days
● [11:01] – Traits that made him successful
● [15:32] – Gary Vee is a great example of a pioneer
● [18:50] – Why Gary was more active on Twitter during his early career
● [24:40] – Some investments where he made wrong decisions
● [26:21] – Entrepreneurship and taking risks is like playing baseball
● [31:26] – Rise of Gary Vee as a personal brand
● [34:16] – The power of influencer marketing
● [36:56] – The reason why Brenden has immense trust in Gary Vee
● [38:43] – Central reasons that people attribute to having The Gary Vee Effect
● [40:10] – Brenden’s YouTube content strategy flaws
● [42:30] – What makes Gary’s personality so powerful
● [49:34] – Certain five or six things Gary focuses on
● [55:10] – Why do some people hate Gary Vee
● [58:24] – Brenden’s biggest takeaway from Gary Vee’s personal brand
● [01:00:55] – Gary Vee’s bigger goal
● [01:15:06] – Brenden’s advice for Billy and Gary
● [01:20:00] – Brenden’s advice for Gary
● Figure out who you are and question society.
● Pioneers are the ones who take the biggest risks, but if the risks pay off, they
reap all the rewards
● If you get people results, people don’t care what crises are. They just want to
recommend your services.
● Successful people understand that people only remember your home runs
● Don’t allow yourself to get pushed down by temporary defeats or even perceived
● Gary Vee has made so many mistakes in his life that he becomes numb to all the
● Tell the same story from completely different angles and do it so many times that
● You don’t need to innovate too much to be a thought leader. You need to
● Refine the same key ideas with the audiences you speak to. You’re not going to
appeal to everyone.
● It’s almost malpractice to not participate in social media if you’re building a
● The biggest thing in content creation is that if you just outlast your competition,
Tips by Brenden:
● Be good at spotting trends
● Learn from your failures
● Learn how to time things
● Focus on the yearly plans, not daily
● Be good at refining your ideas
[15:59] – “Always try and be a pioneer in your industry whenever you can because even
if you’re a pioneer just once and you’re right, you could make all your money just on that
one trend, just on that one bet.”
[20:47] – “People look at the glory of an influencer. And it seems so glossy, shiny,
beautiful, and easy. But what you don’t see is the underbelly.”
[30:46] – “The more you execute, the more you fail. The more you fail, the more you
don’t care. The more you don’t care, the more you execute.”
[55:17] – “The main reason anyone hates anybody, to begin with, is because they’re not
happy with their own life.”
USEFUL RESOURCES/ LINKS:
Brenden’s Website: https://www.mastertalk.ca/about
Tweets by masteryourtalks
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=23010497)