The Magic of Time Mastery: Unlocking Success Through Productivity with Kris Ward
In a world where success is often defined by how much you can achieve in a day, Kris Ward helps people leverage their most valuable resource (TIME) to create successful lives that are rich with possibility.
Kris Ward is the founder of Win The Hour Win The Day, a productivity philosophy and book designed to help others leverage their most valuable resource – time. A self-proclaimed “time management junkie”, Kris is the leading authority in building your business by building your team.
In this episode join me and Kris, we talk about her book designed to help people learn and make the most of their time. She talked about time management, building a team, finding the right people, systems, and the power of the tools. Kris also shared that her journey into the world of productivity was accelerated after her husband was diagnosed with colon cancer. When she returned from caring for him, she realized that many people she knew were working too many hours and not living the life they wanted. She set out to help them change that. Kris believes that delegating is a lateral move at best and that you should hire people who will manage you instead. She also believes in building systems and processes to support your team and make their jobs easier.
In This Episode:
- What event accelerated Kris’s mission to help other people maximize the precious resource (TIME) (00:03:15)
- What elements from “The EMyth” have impacted Kris the most? (00:06:00)
- What are the biggest myths people have about building teams?(00:08:00)
- What are the common mistakes somebody makes when they start to build a team? (00:10:28)
- Tips for how to hire somebody. (00:12:50)
- How Kris’s philosophy helps people execute ideas quickly. (00:17:00)
- How to set yourself up for success energy-wise. (00:19:57)
- Kris talks about the difference between being disciplined and being a successful person. (00:24:49)
- Entrepreneurs should work backward when they get a new client. (00:31:51)
- Kris shared her healthy and happy routines. (00:33:15)
- Importance of building your systems or super toolkits. (00:36:31)
Tip for hiring a team: Look for personality, action, strength, and success. And always hire personality over skillset, because you can train a skill set, you can’t train a personality.
- “What seems impossible can become possible” – Billy (00:02:17)
- “Business should be fun and it should support your life, not consume it”- Kris (00:05:05)
- “life is full of curveballs and surprises that you’re often unprepared for” – Billy (00:05:43)
- “You’re not going to get up the mountain without a team” – Kris (00:08:31)
- “Delegating is a lateral move at best, It means that the work has to come through you” – Kris (00:10:50)
- “If you hire the wrong people, your job becomes so much more difficult to help them be their best when they’re already at a deficit” – Billy (00:15:14)
Resources & Links:
Check out the book: Win The Hour Win The Day
Podcast: Win the Hour Win the Day Podcast
Linkedin: Kris Ward
Facebook: Win the HOUR, Win the DAY by Kris Ward
There’s also a free Masterclass from Kris and a free gift. visit: kris.com
Connect with me:
Email Addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Loved this episode? Please support us here: https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=23010497
This is an encore episode and was originally published on November 4, 2022