Embracing Your Inner Child – Rediscovering Joy and Purpose with Jeff Harry
We’ve all heard we should channel our inner child. My guest today has made a career of helping people do just that.
Jeff Harry shows individuals and companies how to tap into their true selves, to feel their happiest and most fulfilled while rediscovering how to play!
He’s worked with Google, Microsoft, Southwest Airlines, the NFL, Amazon, and Facebook to help them embrace play.
Let’s face it, most of us grow up and try to be something for someone. As Jeff puts it, we pretend to be important and take ourselves way too seriously.
This episode is all about how to put aside our boring adult self so we can unleash our inner child.
Highlights from the show:
- Two defining stories from Jeff’s childhood that helped to lay the foundation for the work he’s doing
- Definition of what it means to play and the science and psychology behind why it’s important.
- Why adults forget to play
- The importance of recognizing your own BS
- Concepts from his workshops and breakdown play experiments and suggestions to bring more play into our life
- A life-changing question we should be asking ourselves every day!
Jeff believes that when we play that the real magic of life happens.
It’s when we become more creative, find our purpose, and literally change the world.
Links and Resources:
01:07 “We should channel our inner child”
16:30 “When you’re in flow the difficulty of the challenge meets your skillset”
31:49 “Recognize your own Bullshit”
32:11 Project Woo Woo Podcast
36:09 Gwen Gordon
55:21 “Don’t ask what the world needs, ask what makes you come alive because what the world needs is for more people to come alive”
You can find Jeff:
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=23010497)
This is an encore episode and was originally published on October 05, 2020